Laboratory Technician Positions
- Date: 30.6.2020
- Location: Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown
- Employer: Champalimaud Foundation
- Job type: Full Time
- Position: Technical
- Application start: 30.6.2020
Under the scope of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Champalimaud Foundation is recruiting three (3) Laboratory Technicians to integrate the CF COVID-19 Task Force, a team of researchers and clinical staff involved in the SARS-CoV2 testing programme of FC patients and collaborators, under the coordination of Catarina Certal, at the “Molecular and Transgenic Tools Platform”:http://neuro.fchampalimaud.org/en/research/platforms/staff/Molecular%20and%20Transgenic%20Tools%20Platform/. The contract will have a duration of 6 months (renewable up to a maximum of 18 months).
• Articulate with clinical staff for biospecimen reception
• Assist with biospecimen storage and cataloging
• Perform molecular and serological tests for COVID-19
• Analysis, interpretation and troubleshooting of laboratory results
• Prepare daily reports and other documents
• Maintain and update sample inventory lists and databases
• Maintain the lab workspace in continuous operation conditions
• Complete other platform-related tasks as assigned by supervisor and/or coordinator
Mandatory Qualifications and Skills:
• Degree in Biomedical Laboratory Science or other relevant Life and/or Health Sciences
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, with high-demand peaks of work
• Excellent interpersonal, organisational, oral, and written communication skills are required
Preferable Qualifications and Skills:
• Knowledge in molecular technologies (p.e. PCR, RT-PCR, nucleic acid extraction)
• Experience on basic laboratory techniques, in particular molecular diagnosis
• Experience on a Biomedical Research environment
• Fluency in English
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com with subject “LT-COVID_YOUR SURNAME” and include a curriculum vitae, a motivation letter and the contacts of 2 referees in a single pdf. Paper applications can also be delivered at the Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown, Avenida Brasília, 1400-038 Lisboa, Portugal.
All candidates will be notified of the result of their application by either email or phone.
Leia aqui em Português.